Rss Feed
  1. Kapoor Uncle

    Mar 11, 2006

    Have you ever met a stranger who becomes your best friend in no instance ?, I have met one.

    This incidence dates back to the time when I was new to Delhi. And Shailesh was the stranger and my only friend. We were to share our room; or rather I was to share his room. Shailesh needed a good partner and I tried to be the one. The rooms in the building were filled with students like me and Shailesh, except one person-Kapoor Uncle.

    Kapoor Uncle: age 60+, retired bank officer, benevolent, soft spoken and far sighted person. The best thing I liked about him was his discipline and simplicity. And the strongest thing about him was that he was a bachelor. He had no one in this world to care for but the only students who stayed in the same building. He was friend of every one so how could I not be the one. Be it 5:30 in the morning or evening Kapoor uncle was seen jogging in his shorts. His face contained the brightness of an enlightened man. In the very first introduction I realized the depth and variety of knowledge uncle carried. He frequently made every one realize their goal, and always talked practical.

    Hardly five days passed and Kapoor uncle was heavily ill. We all took him to the AIIMS hospital and got him admitted. Only one person was allowed to stay with him so Shailesh opted to stay there. Kapoor uncle was back after 3 days. On the very evening of his returning he called us all into his room. We anticipated it as a thanks giving meeting, but upon reaching their- we all were shocked. He was about to distribute his life time earning amongst all of us (Could you imagine a stranger doing such thing and for no reason). We all sat around him and convinced him to distribute the money to the needy people. We all were self sufficient. That day we talked a lot to Kapoor uncle.
    In a retrospect I don’t think I have ever met any dynamic person such as Kapoor uncle in my life till now. Within month or so I had to leave the building to my uncle’s house (my own uncle).

    But to me Kapoor uncle always seems ………………

  2. 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment